Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The big 4-0!

Today was a monumental day, I HIT THE BIG 4-0! I have officially lost 40 pounds since I started my journey in May.  I cannot believe it. Dad finally owes me my new heart monitor watch.  I can't wait to find the right one so that I can start training with it for the 10K!

I started a training program for my 10K on Friday, so of course I had to transfer it to a cute calendar so that I can stay on track with my pre-wedding workouts as well. 

Heres me after my first "long" run....my usual 3 miles.  I have never really run when it was cold out before, so my lungs are definitely not used to it.  I am going to have to get out and run early every few days now so I get used to it before my chilly November race.

This weekend I went to visit Katie at the U!  We had a great time catching up, going out with friends, and exchanging good food ideas!
Me and Tanner
Me and Katie

Today, I went out to breakfast with my family, it was great to see Uncle Mark, Kim, and Jamie! 





All I can say is that I never thought that I would ever be at this point in my weight loss. 40 pounds.  I can barely remember what it's like to be that heavy.  Here's a picture I found of my first time meeting LJ.  This was at the end of May, I honestly don't even look like the same person!

Here are some monuments I have accomplished thus far:

I went from a size 16 pair of jeans to now an 8/10.
I went from a shirt size of XL to now a M.
Ran 2 5k races and am signed up for my first 10K. 
I am officially lighter than the weight on my drivers liscense!


My best piece of advice is to surround yourself with good people, that is going to be your key to success. They will be there when you need it most!

Until tomorrow :)

C

No comments:

Post a Comment